Monday, July 29, 2024

an exit strategy.

I've been mulling over things for several weeks now, and I think it's time to finally plan my exit strategy from this company. I have always said this in passing but things have gotten so ugly and taken a turn for worse that I think that my mental health is at its all-time low now. I have three upcoming trips (excluding the business trip in October which I am no longer keen in going for), and this means, by end of of November, I should be sending out some resumes to companies. The thing about this is the job market is really really bad now. And it also means I will also forfeit my bonus. But for the sake of my mental health, perhaps this is worth a gamble.

I'm just sad because my colleagues (all except one) have become an integral part of my life. They are my mentors, who guided me when I was a fresh grad and clueless to how corporate life is. They are my sisters whom I never had. They are my work mothers, who baby me at times in the office. They are my friends, whom I will even spend my time outside of work with. 

It is sad that things have come to this because of one sickening colleague and a boss who does not know how to manage his staff. But I am really really tired and I do not know how much more I can tolerate shit at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment