Friday, December 23, 2016

snippets of dec16.

Just some shorter updates on my holidays thus far.

7th Dec:



Met up with Ahmeng and some pottery friends at our friend's cafe. Her cake in a mug was damn good!! The chocolate brownie was damn moist and rich I LOVE IT. Plus, she served me a super huge bowl of ice-cream hehe. And her food is very affordable too!! I think JH has this impression that I am very bad with directions HAHAHA he was laughing at my snap because I went in the wrong direction and ended up at Mediacorp's new location at caldecott instead wth. And previously, was supposed to meet them at Capitol, but I ended up at Ion instead because I forgot that Capitol was city hall, and they were laughing at how stupid I was HAHA RUDE. Plus, ahmeng is seriously damn bad at giving directions so I was even more lost too HAHA.

9th Dec:

Baking at Frau Hoffmann's house!! She was planning it since midterms and it was all finalised after the semester!! SO HAPPY. Wanted to go on wed before braces so I can eat the cookies, but I asked her and she told me everyone was going on Friday and I could go alone on wed if I wanted to HAHAHA but I'm like NO IT IS OK FRIDAY IT IS THEN. Met phoebe to go together and saw Phyllis on the way.

We started off with making simple butter vanilla cookies (name shall be edited again) and then coated them in loads of sugar. Also, got to have small chat with her when I was in the kitchen with her haha she is so nice and bubbly. My Favourite German teacher!! Oh yeah all of these are traditional German cookies. She even printed out the recipe for us but in German of course HAHA. OH and we tried to speak in German initially, but after a while we just gave up and spoke in English HAHHA. oh then Bryan arrived to join us!! He was telling me that his braces was freaking 4K in ringgit but mine is 4K SGD. SOBZ.


SOME OF OUR COOKIES!! The purple ones are cookies that we filled Blackforest Jam with. The jam is so good!! A German brand. The cookies at the bottom left are coconut flavoured ones and I was thinking WENDY WOULD LOVE THIS. It's quite good actually!! It's bottom is made of the wafers we use during holy communion HAHAHA. The cookies on the left are very tough so I can't eat them!! But I think they're chocolate and butter. 


Bryan, Me, Phoebe, Phy and Frau H!!

Everyone was damn nice and funny, kept tasting the food for me first and telling me OH THIS COOKIE IS SOFT YOU CAN EAT or THIS IS TOO HARD BETTER DON'T EAT. I really felt like a burden but they were so nice!! I can't wait to take german 4 because of them!!

11th Dec:

Met my church friends Jia and Michelle for short catch-up because we haven't gone out in forever. Good thing of having a church located in Bukit Timah --> LOADS OF GOOD FOOD HAHA. Please, even the market food is damn good lah. We went to Carpenter and Cook for brunch. I went there once before with Wendy damn long ago!! The interior is damn nice. Their decorations are very vintage, and I love their tea cups!!


my tiramisu!! YUMZ.



That was day 4 of braces so smile a bit awkward haha. But nice to listen to how everyone's doing, and Mich and I were reminiscing and it so happened we were both in JB on the same day, and how we bumped into Isabel at Uniqlo in JB, but we didn't bump into each other HAHA. Also, we were giving advice to Jia because she was thinking of changing course.


Very happy because caught a lot of movies this holiday. Let me write them down in case I forget: Death note 3 (it wasn't as good as its predecessors but still ok), Fantastic beasts and where to find them (FREAKING LOVE IT. IT WAS ALL SO MAGICAL AHHHHH), Blood Wars (HAHA what a joke this movie was. It was like $6.50 wasted. Even Theo James' appearances could not save this movie I'm sorry.), and Lulu the movie (quite a funny local movie haha but perhaps a little controversial). 

No comments:

Post a Comment