Saturday, May 6, 2017

potterhead.

I had such a good time yesterday!! Gotta write down everything before I forget all about it.

Asked bern and do if they were interested in heading down to a harry potter-inspired themed cafe and they were so on so yay!! We went there yesterday!! All the way to boonkeng LOL. That's a part of Singapore that I've never been to.

The interior decor is soooooo cute. The furniture is all made of wood, which gives this very rustic feel. I love. And they even have like props such as harry potter's glasses, wands from the great wizards, hogwarts robes and ties, scarves, wizard hats (too bad there wasn't the sorting hat), even a mini stuffed owl of Hedwig and the cage, etc etc etc. My inner fangirl was squealing in excitement!!


Hehehe here's Hedwig.


Owls and more owls!! The top row is filled with specs and mini wands HAHAH. And there's this bunch of keys. How quaint. The bottom row is filled with wands and mini stuffed dolls of the characters.


THE TEAM!! SO ADORABLE AHHHH SQUEALS. I WANT TO BRING THEM HOME.

We shared 2 mains and truffle fries!!


They served us our water in beakers HAHA how cute!!


Some crabmeat pasta with smoked salmon and fish eggs.


Pasta with cheese and chicken breast and omg I love the chicken a lot!! It's very tender and juicy, and the herbs and spices gave it this unique taste. LOVE.


TRUFFLE FRIES!! THIS WAS THE BOMBZ. They were very generous with the amount of fries they gave. I've been to many cafes where the fries were pretty few, but this!! We ate a lot and we couldn't see the end of the bowl!! Is it because there's magic in it?? HAHAHAH. And oh my their mayo dip has truffle oil infused in it which makes the mayo so good!! We asked for second serving HAHA. Bern loves it so much haha!!

And the highlight... THE "GOBLET OF FIRE". They changed the name of the drink (I think?? Maybe because of copyright issues or what not but you can't find "goblet of fire" on their menu. It became some flaming drink).



This is some cocktail. HOW FANCY OMG TOTALLY LOVING THE BLUE. Then he'll torch this liquid and add into the drink. Then, then the waiter will give you this can of cinnamon powder, and you just sprinkle them into the drink and the flames/sparks will appear!! OMG WHAT SORCERY IS THIS. WHATEVER GIMMICK IS THIS, I AM SOLD. I LOVE IT OMG IT WAS SO MAGICAL AND FANCIFUL. Ok but the downside of this is, the waiter will be standing there while you take your pics with this drink, I think coz in case of fire or what not HAHA. So you have to bear with the whole awkward situation. I guess we wanted to spend more time playing with the cinnamon powder but because he was standing there, we did all of these in 5 mins. Then he will cover the lid of the drink, then open it again (perhaps to release those fire gas or whatever. I don't know). Then he will leave with the cinnamon so BOOOOO. We thought the drink would have a strong alcohol taste, but surprisingly, it tasted very sweet, fruity and nice!! I love it!! (it costs $15 though. Ouch. But for the fun and flames and taste, I approve).


All the remaining cinnamon powder in it looks like gold flakes.

We ate damn slowly because this is what happens when 3 girls with braces go out for a meal together HAHAHA. Every now and then we will be trying to dig out food that's stuck HAHA. Then, it's time for dress-up!!


We picked our wands!! And it so happened that Bern got Voldemort's wand (left, white), Do got Harry Potter's wand (right), And I got Snape's wand (middle). Loveeee.

They didn't have a lot of gryffindor items sadly.


Got school/Hogwarts feels?? HAHAHA. Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Gryffindor. We looked so happy ^^ Oh and guess what. Bern closed her eyes in the pics again AHHAHA. And the guy had to retake for us.


HAHAH we look so studious. CAP5.0 NEXT YEAR. And their wall is so pretty!!


Without the specs because the reflection was bad!! Plus it kept giving doreen and I headache. Bern's one has no lenses. Oh and she made me carry this stack of "books" in my arms, which actually is a tissue box HAHAHA. How cute!!

Oh yeah and I edited photos of us HAHAHA. Added sparks to the wand. There was this wand in the cafe that could light up, but someone else was hogging onto it, so yeah, DIY.


HAHAHA we actually stood nearer because we were trying to block of these 2 ladies who were sitting right in front of the wall so we couldn't take pics until they left. Do and I absolutely love this picture of Bern!! She looks good in it somehow, but she doesn't think so HAHA.


HAHAH DO LOOKS SO CUTE RIGHT!! She thinks she looks like a bird HAHAHA. SO CUTE.


"Yer a wizard Harry." Or should I say, Hairy?? Since I'm so hairy LOL.

Edited on the wrong pic (notice how Bern and Do's one has a blurred out effect due to i7's depth effect but I edited on the non-depth one and was too lazy to go edit on the depth one HAHA). AVADA KEDEVRA!!


Also love this pic I took of Bern!! iPhone's chrome filter is still my favourite.

Sighs it was such a fun-filled magical day yesterday :') So glad to have super onz friends who would indulge in my whims and do crazy stuff together!! We laughed so loudly in the cafe and did so many stupid actions and boomerangs and videos that I shan't post here and I'm sure people were judging us so badly but then again, I have no shame and WHO CARES. So grateful for these friends, truly, madly, deeply. :') 'twas a good time!! My inner potterhead was screaming so badly the whole time AHHH love the harry potter series so much!! I am so satisfied :') Still can't figure out what house we are, because the website kept crashing on us!!

Oh and en route back, we met this weirdo uncle, who stopped his van in the middle of the road, wound down his windows and talked to us WTH. IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD. RIGHT AT THE TRAFFIC LIGHT. And mind you it was a green light. Then we were like HUH WTH. Then don't know what he was saying, but we were so crept out. And he drove until he exceeded the line that you're supposed to stop behind at a traffic light. We were so perplexed and a bit freaked out LOL. 

No comments:

Post a Comment