Wednesday, January 24, 2024

"A" game.

It's 12.30am and I have just done up the summary sheet for a few vessels for work. It suddenly dawned on me how much I am lagging behind in my new job scope, and I started panicking and decided to OT to catch up on work, especially since I was away on holiday last week. My manager called me and told me there is a chance that she might have to take condolence leave any time soon (her father isn't doing so well and is in critical condition) and I felt so bad that I haven't really been efficient in my work, partly because I was silently protesting about being switched out from my team without my consent and hence resisting work from this scope. But I realise that this is quite foolish of me because it is a good learning opportunity + I am usually someone who puts in 120% for my work and I shouldn't break my streak because of this.

Need to be back in my A game for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment