Tuesday, October 8, 2024

hitting a new low in life.

I hit a new low in life last Thursday, 3 Oct. 

Our affiliates invited us for a bonding session over dinner and drinks. We had dinner at SimplyLive, and the food was really not too bad (mainly finger food since it's like a karaoke bar concept). 

We had a huge glass of beer each, and we shared 6 bottles of soju among 5 of us, and the drunks were downed very quickly because we played games and those drinking games usually end in a flash. 

Perhaps we ate too early, and too quickly, that when the second round of drinks arrived, my food had already digested and I started feeling queasy. I was fine when sitting down, but the moment we stood up to leave the bar, I immediately told Yvette, "Shit, I'm going to puke."

I started gagging and letting out gas (from my mouth, not from my ass HAHAHA), and seconds later, I keeled over and started puking. No food came out, just lots of liquid, probably my gastric juice???? 

I puked twice. Ben (Yvette's husband) arrived to pick her up and he saw the scene and he burst out laughing like mad. Right after vomitting, I stood upright and told everyone, I AM FINE. It's true, I instantly sobered. It wasn't like those scenes in dramas where people immediately knock out after vomiting. Instead, I really sobered up. My stomach instantly felt better and I stood upright, as if nothing happened. It's really quite funny now that I think back about it. 

Not going to lie, it was lowkey embarrassing to be puking in front of people. It felt so dirty and loserish, but it was truly an interesting experience, to hit such a low moment in life. 

I usually hold my liquor well, so I (and Yvette) were very shocked over this. 

On a random note, Olivia Ong was celebrating her birthday at the bar, and the band invited her up to sing the iconic 如燕. This song is truly a masterpiece. Mediacorp is currently filming the sequel to Little Nonya and I will definitely watch it!!

Good company (not my company but the people yeah), good vibes. If only every moment at work is filled with joy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment