Tuesday, July 25, 2017

first day of internship.


LOL apt photo from an article on internship from buzzed.

Really should go to bed soon since it's 2am but I'm still unable to sleep. So I thought I should record down how my first day of internship went.

I was 10 mins late for work (wow what a way of making an impression) because #smrtwoes LOL. Freaking left the house at 7.35am but took more than 1h30mins of journey to Tanjong Pagar because NSEWL failed. HOW RIDICULOUS.

Found out that most of the interns have left, which isn't a surprise since most people and even my friends have ended their internship last week. Only poor me is starting her internship this week HAHA. But better late than never right?? My department has a total of 3 interns - me + this girl who is doing part-time internship as well + this guy who is leaving next week but is currently in reservist. And my supervisor who interviewed me is back in her country and working there, so she basically gives me orders through Skype LOL. So can you imagine how lonely I was when the intern left??!! I was left to my own devices when she left for school. BOOHOO. Oh yeah, and I don't know how I should type on Skype HAHA like should I be professional and reply with "Ok" "Sure" whenever my she gives me comments, which could sound super dao, or should I reply with "OK! :)" which makes me seem like some super over-enthu suck-up bitch HAHHA.

Back at my mum's office, I'm always surrounded with incessant chattering and laughter, and this change of environment was a tad suffocating. I miss talking, I miss laughing. Mum said the office was pretty quiet without my constant giggling today.

The boss of my department was quite nice though. He kept coming to check on me and gave me advice on how to conduct my research and write-up. Oh yeah, the office would be even quieter tomorrow because a team of them would be flying overseas for a conference of sorts. JENG JENG JENG. MORE LONELINESS IN THE OFFICE. It's super inconvenient to eat lunch alone because have to find seats alone. Plus, when working with mum, she always pays for my food. Now I have to finance myself BOOHOO.

I just hope that I'll be able to adapt to this environment sooner?? And hope that I'll be able to bond with people easier. Making friends has never been an easy feat for me. I have this resting bitch face that I am born with which makes me like damn unapproachable and maybe unlikeable. And I just want to thank my friends for befriending me. Like I have this super weird frequency that is so different from people, and I cringe at my own awkwardness in social situations (God bless me this may be my hamartia and why I may be single my whole life).

Anyway, yeah, just hope that things will go better tomorrow?? I've already been given my task to do. I was still very not proud of what I've completed today. It's the feeling of being not satisfied when you know you could do better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment