Thursday, February 21, 2019

the little cousin.



Met my little cousin from my father's side for lunch today!! She's currently 18 and we have an age gap of 6 years.

I am never close to my father's side, because we only meet once a year. However, the cousins there are pretty close to one another, as some of them do meet almost every week for a gathering. It's super awkward for me because all of them have siblings and during each CNY gathering, I'll be the odd one out and have to pretend to be busy on my phone, while most of them huddle up in my cousin's room to play with computer games.

My little cousin was never close to me, based on my memory, until one year when they came over to my house for CNY. I played with her and at that time, she was probably only 4 or 5 years old. I was lying on the floor, and she came and stepped on my back HAHA. WTH damn suay. She was literally STEPPING ALL OVER ME. HAHA GEDDIT GEDDIT?? After that, my father likes to bring this up as a conversational topic during gatherings and laugh over it. Perhaps this event was a stepping stone in our improving relationship. (HAHA or more like, I became a stone for her to step on HAHA).

But I think the changing point was during our grandmother's death. We had to stay over at one of our cousin's house for the wake for around 3 days. I skipped school, and we spent almost everyday together during that period of time, and we shared memories of our grandmother and families. From then on, she became close to me.

During this CNY, she suddenly said that we should meet up more often haha. I'm totally down for it, because I want to build a closer relationship with her and perhaps with the other cousins. We had a good lunch and nice chat.

And for this, I'm grateful for someone to talk to in this side of the extended family. :') 

No comments:

Post a Comment