Monday, March 18, 2013

good old music.



kbox session last week and wendy making me listen to aaron yan and jiro wang's new songs today certainly made me miss listening to Chinese music. I miss the old Chinese bands and singers (GOING TO GET JUDGED VERY BADLY FOR THIS BUT I DON'T CARE) such as SHE, 5566, Cyndi Wang, FIR, Rainie Yang, Angela Zhang, JJ Lin etc. I grew up listening to Taiwanese pop singers instead of English singers. Hence, my knowledge of Backstreet Boys, Westlife, My Chemical Romance etc is very minimal.

I remember when I was in Primary School, I was so obsessed with Cyndi Wang that on my birthday every year, my cousin dajie will give me her newest album. The best part about these albums is that they will have a copy of the song lyrics. Back then when I wasn't so versatile with the use of the internet, I will bring the song lyrics with me everywhere I go and sing along while I listen to my music on my discman/walkman. DO YOU ALL EVEN KNOW WHAT A DISCMAN/WALKMAN IS??!! I still have the albums stashed somewhere in the drawers. Maybe I will dig them out after exams.

I always listened to SHE too omg I remember I will know all their songs that very little people know of other than their titles tracks such as IOIO, ban tang zhu yi, tong kuai etc. Oh and JJ Lin's bian hao 89757, Jiu Shi Wo etc. AND ANGELA ZHANG HAHA. I remember in Primary School, they had this chinese singing session during singspiration/assembly where the whole school will sit down and sing along to the Chinese Song of the week (something like that??) and memorized the lyrics, such as Angela Zhang's Yin Xing De Chi Bang (GOSH I REMEMBER MY WHOLE CLASS LOVED THIS SONG SO MUCH EVEN THE GUYS SANG ALONG), JJ Lin's Cao cao (HAHA THIS TOO. IT WAS SUCH A BIG HIT. MY CLASS EVEN PERFORMED IT IN SOME CIP AT AN OLD'S FOLKS' HOME IN P5/P4). Sigh fond memories.

Oh and 5566. I was so glad when I entered Secondary School that someone knew who 5566 was (haha Rae knew them too and she used to like them alot!! She even lent me their CDs so I could download.) I remember in Sec 2, we had this don't forget the lyrics thing then me, xuxi and sam represented 2J in it and then this 5566 song came up and damn, I was the only one who knew how to sing their songs. BOY I WAS SO DAMN PROUD OF MYSELF. *thank you thank you. waves to my imaginary cheering crowd*

I miss the good old songs and singers.

No comments:

Post a Comment