Sunday, April 28, 2013

Conversational topics.



Michelle didn't come today so I was left being awkward when Dilys took the seat beside me. Well I really cannot stand quietness. I feel like there needs to be people talking most of the time or I will sink into my awkward turtle shell and play with my fingers or pretend to be busy on my phone. Hence, I was extremely grateful when Dilys made the effort to strike a conversation with me. Hence, I came up with a list of possible conversational topics.

1. TALK ABOUT THE WEATHER.
HAHA standard way to start a conversation. In Singapore, you can only talk about HOW EXTREMELY HOT the weather is. If you are lucky, like today, you can talk about how chilling the weather is!! You can even come up with creative phrases to make yourself sound interesting such as "Omg it's so hot I feel like I'm living in an oven!!" or "My gosh it's so hot I'm melting!!" or "Argh it's like a sauna here!!". Yeah.

2. TALK ABOUT HANDPHONES.
I was staring at Dilys' phone and I realised she got an Xperia Z my gosh haha the wonderful phone that can go underwater. How smart. Smartphone indeed. You can praise their phones, ask if their phone functions are good, talk about what apps are good etc.

3. TALK ABOUT SCHOOL.
Well this is actually quite a boring topic so you should only talk about school ONLY when you seriously run out of topics to talk about. School is so boring. We don't need to be reminded of school even during weekends.

4. TALK ABOUT PARENTS.
WHO DOESN'T LOVE COMPLAINING ABOUT PARENTS??!! Maybe we can compare our parents and see whose parents are the naggiest, nosiest etc parents ever!! I'm sure this will be a good topic to be elaborated on.

5. TALK ABOUT LAME PUNS.
Who doesn't love lame puns??!! I absolutely love puns!! I even followed this lame pun account on Twitter haha judge me for all you want!! Even if puns are lame and the other conversation party may judge you severely for your poor sense of humour, it's better than being awkward and having nothing to talk about!!

CONVERSATION KILLERS: STOP TALKING ABOUT YOURSELF. EVERYTHING DOESN'T HAVE TO REVOLVE AROUND YOU, YOU AND YOU.

Ok bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment