Thursday, May 30, 2013

Thanks, Tun.



Just received news that my grandma's maid is not planning to come back to Singapore. That's it. Another maid returning to their country for good. :(

Although we may have communication problems since she can't speak English and I can't speak Malay, we converse very well using hand signs and stuff. She calls me kawan and best friend and I also call her that too haha. She always prepares extra food for me like nuggets and stuff and she will secretly stash them away so my cousins will not eat my share. She also prepares packet milo for me every weekend because I live on milo haha. It's amazing how she came to work in our family as some ignorant girl with absolutely no idea how to cook and no idea how to speak teochew to learning how to cook very well and even know bits and pieces of Teochew now. Maybe she will open a restaurant in Indonesia in future haha. Well maybe she deserves to reunite with her family and enjoy the rest of her life.

But I seriously think our family treats her damn well. Why she doesn't want to come back ar T__T. We pay for her travel tickets when we go for family trips, we pay for her meals when we dine in restaurants etc (unlike some nasty families who make their maids wait outside the restaurants). Sigh, I will seriously miss her and her food and her giggles.

Sad that another person has walked out of my life :'(

No comments:

Post a Comment