Thursday, March 26, 2020

the birb dance.

Day 2 of official working from home was really productive.

I did my regular work and during lunch time, caught up with the latest episode of Forensic Heroes IV. Yes!! MY FAVOURITE HK SERIES IS BACK!! But not really feeling the new cast sadly. They just aren't as charismatic as the cast in the first few seasons (especially Charmaine Sheh and Bobby Au Yeung etc). But I MUST KNOW THE ENDING AND TRUTH so just keep watching on. 

Reasons for the productive day:

- Skyped Mich and Van in the morning heheh it was fun. Reminiscing good old skype sessions when we were studying in uni (gosh my last skype call with them was in 2018)

- After work, decided to do a 38 min long workout after being on hiatus for 5 days because I was suffering from the post-badminton bodyaches HAHAH

- Swept the floor + mopped the floor 

- Bathed really early 

- Another video call session with another group of friends!! THE SOPS + GINA!! We had originally wanted to meet up for dinner, but with the sudden spike in covid-19 cases + a lot of social distancing measures, we decided to just play it safe and stay at home, and have a wholesome chat online instead HAHA. And the call went on for almost 4 hours??!! It was a night filled with a lot of loud laughing and crazy videos of us copying the parrot dance (birb).

- Started a new korean drama

I love it when days are productive!!

Anyway, day 1 of WFH ended badly because someone at work pissed me off badly. He is also probably pissed off at me for the wrong reason. It's the month-end, so some back-end stuff by the bank is usually conducted slower due to the high volume of requests, but things will still be done by the day. We have been through so many month-ends and if you really wanna know, it's my 18th month-end with them, and he still doesn't know of such practices???????? Me and another colleague informed him that it's a norm, and he still didn't believe us, made us call the banks to rush them, and the bank told us they will get it done by the day just needed more time due to high volume, but he was UNHAPPY with that reason, made me email them again to rush them ZZZZZ. And then he still dared to accuse me of not telling him about it earlier. Honestly it wouldn't make any difference whether or not I told him earlier because people are BUSY ok. His tone was damn bad. 

This is why I don't like to be a small fry at times, because I will just get arrowed to do the shittiest stuff, and I have to be scolded for something I'm not at fault at, or worse, I have to be scolded for something because the big fry does not know the daily operations a small fry goes through because he doesn't know it's a norm for this to happen because he has never been in the position of a small fry. I now understand the importance of working your way up because it's really important to know and even experience the job scope of small fries, for you to be a successful leader. 

No comments:

Post a Comment