Monday, April 27, 2020

#KwokDonRamsay EP 1: making poached eggs.

HAHAHAH decided to document my attempts at cooking.

Today, I decided to try making poached eggs. I have been intending to make poached eggs for a while, but had been too lazy because people always make poached eggs sound difficult to do. Need to create a vortex, need to add vinegar, yada yada yada ya. Hear already also what a huge turn off right, SO TROUBLESOME.

I was browsing on youtube, and found Jamie Oliver's tutorial:



His tutorial for this seems really simple!! Another super popular video seemed very reliable too, but too hassle (need to measure the amount of water and amount of vinegar. AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT MAN.)

All you need for these are fresh eggs then place inside simmering water, or if eggs aren't fresh, swirl the water to create a vortex, and the inertia will help the egg whites wrap around the yolk nicely.

Seemed really simple so I tried!!



Poached egg with soba. YUM.

HAHAHA it's hilarious because I overcooked the eggs. Probably cooked it for 5 mins instead of 3.

But it's ok. Pretty good try for my first attempt HAHAHA.

No comments:

Post a Comment