Thursday, May 7, 2020

#KwokDonRamsay EP 2: Making army stew.

Welcome back to another episode of #KwokDonRamsay that nobody asked for HAHAHA.

I wanted to take a nap during lunch break but I can't sleep for some reason, and ended up in bed yawning and tearing, so got my ass up and am writing this post instead.

Decided to make army stew for the family last week for lunch. There are many many videos on Youtube by popular channels that teach you how to make legit army stew, but ain't nobody got time for that (and ain't nobody got ingredients for that LOL yes, staring at you panic hoarders). So I found this super easy tutorial. It has only 10k views, but it is so straightforward to the point (the whole video is only 1 minute and 30 seconds SO SIMPLE). I love it.



The key ingredient you really need is the gochujang paste, which can be found in supermarkets.

What I added into my pot: chopped vegetables, sliced luncheon meat, enoki mushrooms, other mushrooms, and for more Chinese style, we added some taupok HAHA. Oh and 2-3 spoons of kimchi that we happen to have at home. I do not have chicken/soup stock at home, so replaced it with an ikan bilis cube instead for flavour.



Dumping the said ingredients into the pot.



Decided to throw in instant noodles and topped up with a piece of cheese at the last minute HAHA.

Verdict: It's VERY easy to prepare (following this youtube video). It is pretty flavourful, but I must say, it gets even better after hours HAHA. I made too much for lunch, so we heated the leftovers for dinner and IT WAS EVEN MORE BOMBZ. However, compared to the real army stew, something seems to be lacking, like this certain flavour, and I can't pinpoint what's the missing ingredient. But for a homemade dish, this is really simple and I will definitely make it again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment