Thursday, December 3, 2020

Day 3: A new song you discovered in 2020.

What an apt prompt since Spotify Wrapped 2020 is out now. 

I have so many new songs that I have discovered and enjoyed this year that I can't seem to choose one in particular!! Perhaps I should break them down into different genres and list the songs that I really enjoy. Thought of embedding the video here but it's going to just take up a lot of space, so I will just embed the link. 

Mando pop:

- 陈零九 feat 邱峰泽 - 天黑请闭眼
- 831 - 想见你想见你想见你
- 邱振哲 - 太阳
- 大泫 - 静悄悄
- 高爾宣 OSN - without you
- 任然 - 飞鸟和蝉 
- J.Sheon - 别问很可怕

LOL thanks to quanmin party, discovered a bunch of mando pop songs. 

English:

- Jeremy Zucker - come thru 
- Ariane Grande & Justin Bieber - Stuck with U

OOOH realised I didn't really add a lot of english songs into my spotify playlist. Usually I just play them from the spotify top songs and I don't bother adding those songs into my playlist. These are the ones that I enjoy more this year and actually bother singing along HAHA. 

J-POP:

- LiSA - Gurenge 
- LiSA - 

Shout out to all the fellow demon slayer fans!! 

Kpop:

For kpop, rather than listing songs that I discovered, I would like to introduce a group that I have listening to. I discovered them one or two years ago but didn't really get into their music until this year because their latest album really suits my taste!!

I haven't been into kpop in a long while because there are just too many groups that keep popping up and it's so exhausting to keep up with the latest groups and names LOL. Until I discovered this group.

STRAY KIDS!!!!!! 

This is a boy group by JYPE that was formed from those survival programmes. What's interesting is that instead of the company picking the members, they let the leader pick his own members, and they appeared on the survival programme, where the weaker members would be eliminated. HOW BRUTAL. Anyway the reason was that the leader was a trainee for 7 years and didn't get to debut, so he's super experienced and talented and all, and they trusted him in choosing his members. But spoiler alert: 2 members were eliminated, but brought back in the final round because JYP feels that the group is more whole with the 2 members haha wth DRAMA. But absolute wonderful decision to bring them back. 

Wow I'm speaking about them with so much passion HAHA but I really have the utmost respect for them. Unlike other groups, since their survival programme, they have been self-producing their music, i.e. writing own lyrics, composing and even arrangement of music. This is remarkable for a kpop group that was newly formed. And I guess their lyrics bring a lot of comfort to listeners because they are very relatable, unlike other songs from other groups that are about romance or just catchy melodies? (oops don't burn me). Their lyrics talk about doing things at your own pace, breaking social norms, talking about mental health, insomnia etc. 

It's so difficult to find a particular song that I love most from them, and I'm too tired to link their songs now so I'll just type out haha since there are too many. -- God's Menu, Back Door, Easy, My Pace, Voices, MIROH, Levanter, 3rd Eye, Booster, Side Effects, Insomnia, Phobia. WAY TOO MANY MORE SONGS THAT I LIKE. 

-

Music is very subjective and I think people would say my taste in music is very trashy and basic. But hey, you do you. These songs make me bop along and make me happy. Ok wow this took longer than expected. I have to go to bed now since I'll be going back to office tomorrow. Good night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment