Monday, December 7, 2020

Day 7: your favourite mask.

Omg help the prompts are getting ridiculous HAHAHA. Who on earth has a favourite mask omg. Masks are so burdensome!!!!!! Ok I guess people who buy those masks with nice fabric designs will have a "favourite mask". 

In my case, I do not use reusable masks. Initially when the government started distributing free reusable masks, I was so excited because the masks are black and cool. However, after a few weeks of wearing reusables masks, my skin started breaking out in acne, which has been coined as "maskne" now. The chin area was filled with loads of pimples, and till this day, there are still some tiny red bumps that refuse to disappear!! 

I figured that reusable masks are not very breathable and cause a lot of skin irritation for me, especially as I am someone with very very sensitive skin. (even dust irritates my skin a lot)

Also, the newer reusable masks that the government gave are said to be more breathable, but I've heard loads of mixed reviews about those. Also, they are all white in colour. It wouldn't be very good to wear those masks when I put on makeup. I know I know, why bother putting makeup these days when nobody can even see your face. But there are days where my self-esteem hits a new low and I just need a smidge of concealer below my eyebags and around my chin area (all thanks to the damned maskne) to just make myself feel better. 

Hence, my favourite masks are disposable masks, LOL. 

It is definitely more breathable for me. (to each his own, because some of my friends complain about how unbreathable disposable masks are for them, but it works for me. Hence, experiment different types of masks for your own benefit and don't just listen to people's reviews and "hear-says". try it on your own to get accurate results.) Also, I find it more hygienic to just dispose after wearing. The downside is that it creates a lot of wastage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment