Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Day 8: The first group I met when Phase 2 started.

Needless to say, the first group of people I met when Phase 2 started was my extended family.

During the March holidays, my extended family went to Phuket for their family trip. It was on the evening that they had arrived in Phuket when the government started announcing that it would be mandatory for travellers to serve a 14 day stay-home notice once they enter Singapore. We immediately called them to see what their plans were, and we tried calling SIA to book the earliest flights home, but of course, the flight prices started soaring and flights were fully-booked. They had no choice but to return Singapore on their stipulated date and serve the 14-day notice. 

Unfortunately, a couple of days after service their 14-day notice, circuit breaker went into action. 

And so, I did not meet my extended family for 3 months or so, till Phase 2 commenced. 

Even so, it was so restricted as each household could only allow 5 visitors. As you know, my extended family is HUGE. It was very difficult for us to arrange to meet. Even so, when we finally met up, it was pure joy. 

I love my extended family a lot, especially my cousins. They are like sisters to me. I love their kids too. 

We are so used to meeting each other every weekend, that it felt so weird during circuit breaker. 

No comments:

Post a Comment