Wednesday, June 16, 2021

on babies.

Sometimes as I'm scrolling through my dayre feed (yes, I'm still paying $3.50/month for my dayre subscription because there are some interesting content on dayre), I realise that there are a lot of women struggling to give birth. And it shocks me how so many women on the platform are facing this problem. 

I feel so sad whenever I read those posts, reading about how many ivf sessions or other treatments they are going through, their excitement when they show signs of pregnancy, only to find out that it's a case of false positive, or signs of miscarriage. 

I can't imagine the pain that they face, to have a small little life in you being stripped away suddenly. 

A couple of years ago, my colleague was on leave for a couple of days, and when she returned, she told us she was actually pregnant for around 1-2 months and had a sudden miscarriage. I remember how I teared on the spot and gave her a hug. It was not her fault, but she was definitely so guilty that she could not protect her baby. Around 1-2 months ago, she called me and told me she had another miscarriage this year. I can't imagine her grief. She has always wanted to start a family, but such unfortunate incidents always happen. 

Why can't good things happen to people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment