Saturday, January 22, 2022

annyeong?

written on 19th January 2022 but it wasn't posted somehow :')

So... I signed up for korean class!! 

It has always been a dream of mine to learn Korean! I learnt a little back in secondary school with my cousin. It was under kto's free classes back then and we went for a short while, so I can actually read the words. I tried to self-learn the grammar portions during our lockdown but there's only so much that you can self-learn and I had so many questions.

Then I saw some influencer promoting her Korean school, but the slots I wanted always get sold out :') And I placed my name on their mailing list for months to inform me when new slots open, but I always received no news????? But eventually some time in Dec, I found a slot so I faster booked it!

So far, I only attended one lesson, and I will be going for my second lesson tomorrow and I am so excited!! It's actually a physical class, so can you sense how I eager I am to learn a new language that I even willingly attend something alone HAHA. 30 minutes before class started, I texted Wendy and told her: THE SOCIALLY AWKWARD INTROVERT IN ME IS SCREAMING AND DYING.

Anyway classes have been fun so far! The age range is so wide! I believe there are students who are younger than I am. The oldest are these 2 auntie and uncle! Super cute. They are learning Korean because their son is marrying a Korean, who happens to be one of the teachers in our korean language centre. So their entire family -- the auntie and uncle, their daughter & her boyfriend, and the uncle's younger sister -- are learning korean together! They brought a lot of laughter in the class hahah not bad. 

My dad was like : GOOD GOOD GO LEARN SOMETHING AND MAKE FRIENDS. YOU KNOW DADDY AND MUMMY ARE GETTING OLDER AND EVENTUALLY YOU WILL BE ALONE AR, SO HOPEFULLY YOU CAN FIND SOMEONE LAH. 

Erm sorry dad there is no one available :')

HAHHHAHA.

Anyway I have been really enjoying this. I hope to be able to learn for a long term, but at the same time, it's a commitment. Let's see how it goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment