Tuesday, February 21, 2017

my braces journal: the 2nd tightening.

HELLO. Went to tighten my braces on 17th February 2017. It has been 2.5 months since I first started braces haha. Sorry for boring everyone with my braces posts but it's just something that I want to record down to monitor my progress and for my future self to look back on some day.

So this time, I changed from pink to blue!! Not sure why but it looks like purple in pictures.

The previous tightening left me with around 6 ulcers for a period of 1-2 weeks which was HELL. But fortunately this time, no ulcers have formed (yet) whew.

It still hurts when the dentist fastened back the braces after changing new wires for me coz the pressure on the teeth (especially bottom row) is excruciating!! It was so painful that I was clenching my fists so tightly and contorting my feet in such a weird angle.


top (after) and bottom (before). It doesn't seem like much difference but I swear there is!! Like the gap at the left side of the pictures closed up a bit more. Also, you can spot a slight gap at my bottom row (top picture) because the teeth have shifted to give more space. The gap was formed between my two bottom middle big teeth. The dentist has now added power chains (go google) to some pairs of my teeth to close up the gap like the gap above.


Here's how the power chains look like!! (look at the bottom row. The top right and left sides also have. You can spot them at the top right side of this picture). Also, the bottom right side has this spring. Not sure what's its purpose though. And you can notice how after placing the power chains, there is a bigger gap between the pair with the power chain and their neighbour. Actually, the power chain is placed with the two middle teeth, but because my teeth are not aligned (the middle top and the middle bottom do not coincide nicely), they do not look like they are the middle teeth LOL. Aiyah I can't explain it properly, so you can come ask me personally. I heard that in order to align them, I'll have to put rubber bands next time and people always say it hurts a lot!! scary. Oh yeah here's how my blue braces look like haha.


Top with pink (after the first tightening). Bottom with purple (the first time I put braces). Look at how my bucked teeth at the top row have flattened quite a bit!!Like not as protruding right??!! YAY HAPPY. And notice the gap (look at the purple pic. There is a huge hole at the top row.) has closed quite a fair bit!! Super happy!! Coz the rubber band on the top row will pull the teeth to close the hole. yay!!


Top row with blue (is my current colour after the 2nd tightening), and the bottom with purple is when I just started braces. Can see the top row the crooked top big buck tooth has flattened a bit!! And didn't seem to overlap as much. THAT IS THE PART OF MY TEETH I HATE THE MOST. So imperfect.

I really like the pink braces actually. Maybe I'll put them next time again haha!! And also, I think I'll prepare a list of questions to ask my dentist next time HAHA. He is a man of little words so I think he won't tell you unless you ask him?? So I'm going to ask him many questions like "EH WHY MUST PUT THIS CONNECTOR??" or "EH WHY MUST PUT SPRING??" or like "WILL THE GAP BETWEEN MY BOTTOM ROW CLOSE??" He always says my progress is good so I'm happy hehe.

Ok my braces posts always damn unglam coz so hard to take pictures of my teeth myself.

Time to go back to my dsc assignment argh. Bye. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to share this wonderful post with us. It is great to see from your different posts and photos the progress to your dental care with braces. Have a great rest of your day and keep up the posts.
    Dentist Philadelphia

    ReplyDelete