Tuesday, March 28, 2017

my braces journal: the 3rd tightening.

Freaking dozing off while editing my group report so I'm going to quickly do up this post and head home to prepare for tuition.

Went to tighten my brace for the third time last Tuesday, 21st March 2017!!

Not a lot of comparison pics because my progress is pretty stagnant thus far.


The progress before I tightened!! Looks not bad haha.


OOOH see the top teeth got shift further in a bit again!! YAY!! And look, there is a small gap now in between the big teeth and its neighbouring teeth, because the back teeth have shifted to close up the gap due to extraction of my pre-molars. And look, the bottom hole is still as huge as EVER.

Normally, I would plan far ahead on what colour I would want to change to. But this time, I had no plan at all!! I was still asking Wendy around 10 mins before I went in on what colour I should change and she was like PINK but I had pink before!! I really like that pink though so I might use it again next time. Basically, I've used all my favourite colours - purple, pink and blue, so I WAS CLUELESS. I don't fancy like green, orange or red braces. It would like damn weird??!! So I went in and the nurse immediately asked me what colour I wanted, and I was like SHIT. But then I saw this light blue one so I chose it immediately. If they have turquoise, I would choose it next time!!

This time, surprisingly, when he was unclasping the braces to remove the wire, it didn't felt painful at all despite the amount of pressure he had applied on my teeth. I even clenched my eyes and fist in preparation of the pain I was about to feel, but to my surprise, I felt NOTHING!! WOW. And it was so damn liberating when he removed the wire!! Like OMG. My teeth felt so free and so light!! PRESSURE-LESS. Then less than 10 seconds later, the weight came back because he fitted in a new wire HAHA. And oh!! I am currently on connectors / chains again, but an entire row this time. This made the whole brace colour DAMN JARRING LIKE RIGHT IN YOUR FACE YO that kind. SUPER BRIGHT SOMEMORE COZ OF THE LIGHT BLUE.

Oh but when he attached the connectors, IT WAS HELL. Not as painful as previously, but still painful!! I kept wincing and he would be like "OH SORRY OH SORRY." Like not his fault that I'm so intolerant of pain HAHA. Guess my teeth are still weak and sensitive.


See!! Oh and notice how he didn't put any connectors between the front big teeth. I guess it's because he wanted my big teeth to further shift more, but it resulted in a gap between them, which I would show in a picture later on.

So yeah I asked what the purpose of connector was and it's actually to pull the teeth together to prevent gaps. Previously when I had dark blue braces, I had a small gap at the bottom row, and now, this connector pulls them all together. Somehow, the connector seems to also help prevent the edges of the metal brackets in scraping my gums because of the "protective" layer from the connectors??


So yeah this is the gap I mentioned!! This gap formed less than 1 hour after tightening, which shows how fast our test can shift!! Quite amazing right?? But at the same time so scary!! Like our teeth are so weak that they can shift so easily when pressure is applied!!

But yeah I quite hate the gap because it feels so weird!! Can't wait to tighten them next month and remove that darn gap. And yeah the blue rubber bands are actually damn bright in real life!! SO JARRING.

OK I should leave now UTown is freaking crowded. BYE. 

1 comment:

  1. If you have a minute, I’d really appreciate it if you took a look at Emily’s Virtual Rocket. This is a serious newsblog which has been taken from e-newspapers and e-magazines from around the world, with an emphasis on transgender issues. Also, with his election, I look for articles which critique Donald Trump.

    I hope you enjoy this. Please paste the following:

    Emilysvirtualrocket.blogspot.com

    If you like it, please consider putting it among your favorite blogs. I would greatly appreciate it.


    Emily

    ReplyDelete