Monday, March 26, 2018

the lion and the deer.

Today morning was a blur because we woke up to very bad news. I guess this isn't the first time my family has been betrayed by others. I feel very indignant about things and helpless, but there's nothing we could do about this situation. To add fuel to the fire, my mum hasn't been in a good state of health this year. She's been diagnosed with osteoporosis recently and things aren't looking good honestly with the blood test results that we received on Saturday.

Many years ago I watched this Japanese animation known as "Peach Girl", and one of the scene remains vivid in my mind because I find it so damn true. It was a scene where Sae tried to frame Momo and accused her of bullying her and stealing her boyfriend, spreading tales to their classmates. Because Momo has a very strong build and is very athletic and fiesty, her classmates all felt that Sae was telling the truth. Kairi then asked Sae how did she get everyone to believe her lies. Sae said, "If you happened to see a lion in front of you, and next to the lion is a wounded deer, what would you assume had happened?" And Kairi said, "Well I'll assume that the lion had attacked the deer." Sae then said, "The point is, the person who cries first always wins. You would be amazed how people would just assume that the person who looks weaker is the victim."

And now I know. People will always assume those who look physically weaker and meek are always the victims. Those who complain first are the victims. Even if they are the ones who stab us in the back.

On a side note, I really hope that my Japan trip will be approved by the school. I can't wait to leave. 

No comments:

Post a Comment