Wednesday, August 22, 2018

I am 23.

Hi it's been a while. It's a special day today for me. Not really special, but yes, I turn 23 today. I had wanted to write about my last few moments as a 22-year-old, but I couldn't sit my ass down to just be serious and reflect on my life. To be honest, my last few days as a 22-year-old were horrible. I hit an all time low and was plagued with sleepless nights, tossing and turning in bed, weeping and soaking my pillows, falling asleep only when the sun rose etc. I guess that was partly the reason why I had been distant for the past few days. All those negativity was killing me badly and I didn't want to influence anyone around me, hence I stopped replying to texts. Yesterday, I had a truly heartwarming time with my family, albeit my father still saying some very insensitive and nonsensical shit to put me down (I have learnt to tune him out by literally sticking my fingers into my ears LOL and he scolded me for it but he can't do anything about it). I also realised how much I have missed my friends. And I guess I am slowly stepping out from this spiral of negativity. I am not ok, but I will be. I am 23, and it's time to start afresh and find myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment