Saturday, November 17, 2018

A star is born, and it ain't me.

• 17th November 2018. 

Officially completed 2 months of work today (9 weeks of being a slave to society). I am still very very grateful that I am placed in such a good working environment, where work politics is kept to its minimum. Of course, I wish that work can be more challenging because I want to learn as much as I can but I guess they are throwing me more workload slowly. For instance, my colleague who was on maternity leave just came back 2 weeks ago, and instead of having less workload, there is an increase in jobscope that I am tasked with. It is good in a way, since I can learn more transferable skills in the long run.

• A star is born •

Last night, I caught A Star is Born with Mich. We got sucky seats, but I thought they weren't as sucky as expected HAHA. Like there was hardly any straining of necks. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. It feels weird looking at Lady Gaga without her heavy makeup or quirky costumes (well she got rid of those in recent years. Super love her concept in her latest album), and it was nice to see her acting. Pretty natural in fact.

There were some scenes for instance the part when she had a whole new concept after signing with a management, or when her husband got drunk and stumbled on stage, that got Mich and I going "HELL NO HELL NO OH NO OH NO SHIT SHIT SHIT HELP" HAHAHA. The comical scenes in the movie were very enjoyable as well haha. Makes the movie less heavy-hearted.

The ending got us in a sobbing mess (well Mich more HAHHAA). It's not the first time we cried HAHA we sobbed like hell during Maze Runner HAHAHA. I always feel damn embarrassed when watching sappy films coz I LOOK HIDEOUS AF when crying but it's less awkward crying together with Mich HAHA. She is one of the few friends who will cry together in a movie HAHA.

Cheers to more movies together, and maybe to more crying HAHAHA.

WHY YOU DO THAT TO ME, DO THAT TO ME. (if you get that reference). 

No comments:

Post a Comment